Mozilla Keon and Peak: First Firefox OS Phones
Mozilla have revealed two phones, named Keon and Peak, which are due to be the first official devices to run the company’s upcoming Firefox OS.
Both the devices are made by a Spanish company named Geekphone, and both will be intended for developers only. It’s highly unlikely that these devices will be of much use to average phone users. The handsets aren’t anything special, even the better of the two has specs which can’t compete with even mid-range phones on the market today.
The Keon model
- CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 1Ghz
- Screen 3.5″ HVGA Multitouch
- 3 MP Camera
- 4GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
- MicroSD, Wifi N, Light and proxmity Sensor, G-Sensor, GPS, MicroUSB
- 1580 mAh battery
- Over the air updates
- Unlocked, add your own SIM card
The Peak model
- CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.2Ghz x2.
- Screen 4.3″ qHD IPS Multitouch.
- Camera 8 MP (back) + 2 MP (front).
- 4 GB (ROM) and 512 (RAM).
- MicroSD, Wifi N, Light and proxmity Sensor, G-Sensor, GPS, MicroUSB, Flash (camera).
- Battery 1800 mAh.
No real word on prices yet, but for a developer preview and with specs like this, it’s unlikely the price will be too big.